The Installation Training Session is a one-day seminar to contractors, architects, owner-builders or homeowners interested in learning about construction using insulating concrete forms (ICF). Classes provide a mixture of lecture presentation and hands-on-demonstration of the basics of construction of residential and light commercial structures using insulating concrete forms (ICF).
The class covers all of the requirements & skills needed to construct the ICF shell of a typical 1-3 story residence or light commercial structure. The course is targeted at professionals, however prospective homeowners with a basic understanding of construction practices will be able to fully participate and benefit from the course.
Specifically the class covers:
- Features & Benefits of ICF construction
- Tools required
- Footing types and preparation
- Basics of block installation and assembly
- Rebar placement & installation
- Window and door installation
- Top plate/sill & truss/rafter installation
- Bracing and pouring ICF walls
- Elevated concrete floors & roofs
- Utility installation: electrical & plumbing
- Below grade installation and waterproofing
- Multi-story applications
- Wall claddings (stucco, siding, etc.)
501 McNicoll Ave, Toronto, ON, M2H 2E2
Marty McCartney, Amvic Inc.
8:30am – 5pm
Lunch, refreshments, brochures and basic training materials.
Amvic ICF Technical & Installation Manuals will also be available for purchase.
- Black and white – $18
- Full Colour – $80
- CD – $5
We accept cash and personal cheques. The manual costs will be rebated on the first block order placed with Amvic.
2018 Toronto Schedule:
- Saturday January 27, 2018
- Saturday February 24, 2018
- Saturday March 24, 2018
Advanced reservation required:
To register online, please click here
.For more information or to register by phone or e-mail, please contact Customer Services at 1 877 470 9991.
Northern California & Nevada
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
$85 US. Includes all materials, beverages, snacks and a catered lunch.Registration accepted online, by fax, mail, or telephone 530-265-9085.
Including a schedule of upcoming seminars, locations, and registration, visit Amvic-Pacific