Insulated Concrete Forms (ICFs) are increasingly becoming the preferred choice of building solution for sustainable and energy efficient structures. While choosing an ICF block, whether it is for a residential or commercial application, it is important to evaluate several critical parameters to ensure high performance and lasting value of your building as not all ICFs are the same.
Here are the top 5 reasons to build with the new and improved Amvic ICF Plus 3.30 Block:
1. Higher R-value (R30) – Higher thermal resistance for added energy savings and improved thermal comfort for the occupants. With the Amvic’s ICF Plus 3.30 block you get more R-value for the dollar.
2. Stronger Block – The larger EPS side panels create more rigid walls that are able to stay more straight and plumb. In addition, it allows for 8 inch on center web spacing due to the increased strength of the panel.
3. Ease of Installation – The integrated drainage system eliminates water pooling in the bigger interlock creating a tight and secure connection. Web location marking are more distinguishable allowing for easier fastening.
4. Wider Bearing – The tapered top blocks offer a wider area for structural bearing giving more flexibility in design.
5. Compatibility – Due to the added ¾” of extra EPS thickness per panel, a standard electrical wall box can be used as opposed to a shallow box needed for standard form.
An Installer Testimonial on the Amvic ICF Plus Block:
“Let me start by saying we are seasoned ICF installers and have installed ICF on 90+ structures thus far. Our first project was approximately 16 years ago and over the years we have used ICF from various manufactures. In May of 2014 we were fortunate to get involved with Amvic Building System to install their block on a commercial project using their ICF standard form. At that point in time we were told they were working on a new ICF block called Plus 3.30 and I was excited to try it out and did so in September of 2014.
This project was a large 7000+ sq.ft. house with many corners and a radius wall. After the first pour on job I made up my mind that this was the form, and I would not install anything else. The first thing I noticed was the strength of the form with thicker panels; when pouring the concrete there were virtually no gaps where concrete leaked out. The wall was VERY stable and did not look like “jello”. In my opinion there is no other form like it and it won’t disappoint you if you give a try!”
-By Dave Sensenig
Lancaster ICF Builders
Read the complete Project Profile here.