This is an all-day 8 hour training (excluding breaks), from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
The course will cover:
- History and evolution of Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF)
- EPS production – Aging, Molding, Curing Process and Quality control
- Understanding Insulation – foam types, rigid insulation, key concepts, terminology and specifications
- Building with ICFs in compliance with the National Building Code (NBC)
- Understanding the NBC Code changes – Energy Efficiency provisions in Section 9.36
- Introduction to the Amvic Canadian Design Guide
- ICF project estimating
- Installation Training for ICFs and Concrete suspended slabs
- Second plane of protection with Continuous rigid exterior wall insulation
- Introduction to installation and benefits of insulated pex panels for under-concrete hydronic radiant heating
Attendance will be taken at the training venue to qualify for 8 CPD points.