Amvic Geofoam is block or planar low-density rigid cellular foam made from Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) for geotechnical applications.
Geofoam can be used for a variety of applications, including:
- Lightweight fill for construction on soft ground
- Slope stabilization
- Retaining wall or abutment backfill
- Roadway/runway subgrade insulation
- Road Embankments
- Bridge construction
Geofoam is produced in blocks that can be cut to suit specific projects. It can also be produced in a range of densities to meet your project needs.
Geofoam provides several benefits over other types of geosynthetic materials.
- Cost effective
- Superior Performance
- Durable (high compressive strength)
- Low moisture absorption
- High thermal insulation properties
- Unaffected by occuring weather
- Design flexibility
- Environmentally friendly