SilveRboard® Graphite XS (SBGXS), a new higher performing rigid foam Insulation, is an expanded polystyrene (EPS) base material that embeds carbon “graphite” particles which increases the thermal performance of the EPS insulation. The graphite EPS beads reflect radiant heat energy similar to the effect of a mirror and increases the materials ability to resist the flow of heat or R value. SilveRboard® Graphite XS is a cost effective & higher performing Insulated Exterior Wall Sheathing compared to Extruded Polystyrene (XPS).
SilveRboard® Graphite XS is a combination of the graphite embedded expanded polystyrene beads surrounded by air, this combination increases the thermal resistance (R value) the lower the outside temperature making SBGXS an ideal product for the Canadian environment. It also holds its R value for the life of the product.
•Employs a proprietary high strength, reflective metalized film layer on both faces that dramatically improves overall board strength and flexibility.
•Reduces on site damage and waste.
•The specially treated surface film vastly improves joint tape adhesion over the life of the product in both hot and cold weather.
•Together with our patented micro-perforated film, when correctly taped and flashed provides engineered water vapour permeance properties that eliminate the need for additional Weather Resistant Barriers (WRBs) like most common house wraps.
Infra-Red Blocker– 98% of EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) consists of one of the most efficient insulators in the world – air. Using a proprietary process the cell walls of the EPS beads are treated with a special type of graphite that dramatically improves Infra –Red blocking (The beads ability to block or contain heat).
Technology Leap– On average this unique Graphite infused bead delivers an insulation performance that exceeds that of conventional white EPS by approximately 25%, and SPECIFICALLY in low–density applications like SBGXS (0.7lb cu/ft.), it has shown an increase of up to 30% (Ultimately giving you a higher insulation value (R Value) at a lower cu/ft. cost).
Technology Leader– The combination of BOTH air and this unique EPS bead make Amvic’s Graphite EPS one of the leading products of its kind in the world, offering exceptional long term R value retention and performance.
• More durable during the construction process and various weather conditions.
• Accepts taping which adheres quickly and permanently to SilveRboard film.
• Higher performing insulation compared to standard EPS / XPS
• Long term stable R value
• Creates a high performing thermal envelope maximizing heating and cooling efficiency
• Provides level rigid surface for exterior finish materials
• Light weight, easy to handle
• Highly flexible for radius walls
• SilveRboard® is available in ½” to 6” standard thickness.
- Built-in waterproofing eliminates need for House Wrap
- Creates thermal envelope for maximum heat/cooling efficiency
- Provides level, rigid surface for finishing
- Lightweight foam, easy to handle
- Recyclable, contains no CFCs or HCFCs
Physical Properties of SilveRboard® Graphite
||R Value /1-inch @ 75°F
RSI /25mm @ 24°C
||R Value/1-inch @0°F
||Water Vapour Permeance
|ASTM E96 Perforated
||Water Vapour Permeance
(% linear change)
||Flexural Strength (PSI)
Flexural Strength (kPa)
(% by volume)
||Limiting Oxygen Index (%)
||Flame Spread 155
||Smoke Developed 340
Download the SilveRboard Graphite physical properties in PDF here